Please read this page carefully to make sure that you are eligible for funding and that you provide all the information we need to consider your application properly.
We welcome applications from all weapons. Decisions are made with regard to funding levels and never on grounds of gender, age or race.
What we fund
- Coaches expenses to attend appropriate events abroad that involve supporting young athletes wishing to broaden their horizons.
Eligible coaches are those who are on the British Fencing Coaches Register and have been working with Tomorrow Achievers senior coaches.
Applicants can be from any of the British Fencing Home Nations and can be of any nationality.
What we do not fund
- Fencers to take part in competitions
- Coaches to travel to events without participating athletes.
- Projects where funding is available elsewhere.
- Retrospective funding
When to apply
You can apply for funding at any time. The application needs to be received at least 3 weeks prior to the closing date of the specified event.
Amount of funding
Each application has to be considered individually.
Grant terms and conditions
If you are offered and accept funding from The Matthew Trust it will be on the understanding that you have agreed the following general terms and conditions:
1) Receipt of the funding will be acknowledged by you and confirmation made by letter that the money has or will be spent on the purpose approved by The Matthew Trust. 2) No material changes to the project will be made without the written agreement of The Matthew Trust. 3) You will keep a financial record of the spending of the grant and retain a copy of any appropriate invoices and receipts, and submit these to The Matthew Trust if requested. 4) The Matthew Trust may wish to discuss the event with the participants and their family. 5) Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved or not spent will be refunded to The Matthew Trust. 6) The Matthew Trust reserves the right to withhold funding or require repayment if it finds that any form of deliberately false or misleading information was provided to The Matthew Trust. 7) The Matthew Trust reserves the right to withhold funding or require repayment if the applicant becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation, if the grant has not already been spent on its intended purpose. 8) In accepting funding you acknowledge and accept that those supported by funding are not regarded as being employed by us and that we accept no responsibility as employer. 9) You will indemnify us or procure an indemnity against any liability arising from any claim made against us in connection with or arising from our funding. 10) It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate and appropriate insurance. This means insurance as a coach , as well as travel insurance which covers health and travel costs. 11) The Trust would expect to receive a report of the event. NB All projects involving children or vulnerable others will be expected to provide evidence, if necessary, that they comply with government legislation and British Fencing guidance on safeguarding and provide copies of their safeguarding policy and procedures.